Please consider volunteering at Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School, even if you can give only a few hours. Anyone connected to our community, including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, (even older siblings) can help. PLEASE browse volunteer opportunities below and sign up. Thank you and look forward to working with you!
We'd love your help, especially to treat our wonderful teachers. We will do our best to make this a memorable year as we follow the ever-changing safety protocols put forth by our county and state leadership, as well as MCPS. Thank you in advance for your flexibility and volunteering your time. Currently we are in need of Volunteers for the media center.
Please click the links below to see what's available:
The Barnsley PTA is looking for volunteers for several key positions in the 2023-2014 School Year. Please consider participating for one of our events or improving our coordination efforts with teachers and families. Our PTA runs on volunteers and we need support to make fun things happen at Barnsley!
If you would like more information on any of the Coordinator or Committee positions, email Barnsleypta@gmail.com
We are looking for volunteers to offer support in the Media Center. You will work with Mrs. Schoem during this time. Volunteer responsibilities include: shelving books, checking the shelves to make sure the books are in order, helps students find what they are looking for, straighten the shelves and potentially check books out to Barnsley students.
Please, contact Mrs. Schoem directly Cara_B_Schoem@mcpsmd.org
Barnsley Room Parents 2023 - 2024
The Barnsley PTA is looking for volunteers to be our GRADE LIAISONS for the 2023-2024 School Year! These roles will help our Barnsley Staff have their own personal point of contact with the PTA. Staff will share information about upcoming events in their grade and make the PTA aware of any requests. Our liaisons will also keep our staff updated of upcoming PTA events and volunteer opportunities to share with parents.
If you would like more information on these positions, email the Barnsley PTA at email@example.com
- Montgomery County Public Schools requires school volunteers and partnership agencies to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within our school district.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account
- Background check (dependent upon the type of volunteer service, per the Volunteers regulation and FAQ)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation - NEW!
- Beginning September 20, 2021, volunteers will be required to upload their Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination to remain on the volunteer roster. The User-Guide on how to access both module requirements and how to access and upload the Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccinationfrom the state Department of Health will be available on the Child Abuse and Neglect and the Volunteers websites on September 20, 2021.
- Please review the Volunteer/Contractor Vaccination Attestation Update for details on this process.